Back by popular demand, Forward! Marching Band is thrilled to perform as part of the celebration of the 250th Solidarity Sing Along on Thursday, December 29th at 7 pm at Madison’s High Noon Saloon. Many members of our band sing regularly at this daily protest event in the glorious rotunda of the Wisconsin State Capitol. Described as “the longest running show this side of Broadway” by WisPolitics.com, the Solidarity Sing Along has:
- provided much needed joy and camaraderie to beleaguered Wisconsin citizens;
- inspired similar protests worldwide;
- attracted visiting musical luminaries such as Arlo Guthrie, Michelle Shocked and Ann Feeney and;
- continues to profoundly irritate and frustrate Governor Scott Weasel… er… Walker… and his despotic flunkies.
Forward! Marching Band is proud to stand in Solidarity with our musical compatriots on their 250th — and our 60th — performance in 2011.
Also on the bill are our frequent collaborators, cross-pollinators and comrades:
- Wobbly folkie super-group The Outside Agitators;
- Madison klezmer mavens Yid Vicious
- purveyors of disco extravagance VO5, and;
- the Solidarity Sing Along’s ever-morphing house band, The Learning Curve.
Oh yes, and lots of Sing Along singing, featuring you on vocals!